Please direct submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions only.
- Set the margins for your document at 3cm on all four sides.
- Align to the left hand side only; the right hand side should remain jagged.
- Use twelve point Times New Roman in black type only. Courier and Arial fonts is also acceptable.
- Lines should be double spaced with no extra spaces between paragraphs.
- Single space between sentences after periods.
- Indent new paragraphs and each new section of dialogue, with the exception of the opening paragraph of
- a chapter or scene break. Don’t do this by hitting the tab key. Instead, set indentation to 1.25cm in Word
- through Format->Paragraph->Section.
- Indicate scene breaks by inserting a blank line and centering the hash sign (#) in the center of the line.
- Insert a key word from the title in the top right header with the page number and your last name. E.g., Smith – Manuscript – page 1
- Begin chapters on new pages. Center the chapter title, even if it’s only Chapter One (or Chapter 1), about one-third of the way down the page. Skip a couple of spaces and begin the text of the chapter.
- Center a hash sign (#) one double-spaced blank line down at the end of the manuscript. Or, simply write The End.
- Use italics for italicized words. Never underline in novel manuscripts.
Your title page should include:
- The name of the work.
- Your approximate word count, to the nearest hundred.
- Your contact details formatted in the same font and size as the manuscript font.
- Copyright details.